- เกมยิงปลาสุดยอดเกมทำเงินอันดับ 1Governance
- Programs and Services
As has been previously reported, on Wednesday, November 28, 2018, during the M¨¦tis National Council (MNC) General Assembly, the MNC released a report entitled ¡°Addressing the Integrity of the Historic M¨¦tis Homeland.¡± Click here to view the report. The report included recommendations that were the basis for resolutions passed at MNC Assembly including one that put the M¨¦tis Nation of Ontario (MNO) on ¡°probation.¡± The vote on this resolution was 29 in favour and 24 opposed.
In her response to the report, MNO President Margaret Froh pointed out the following:
- The MNO as a M¨¦tis government has been advancing a rights based agenda for the last quarter of a century.
- The MNO has been built on a foundation of M¨¦tis as a distinct people with a distinct culture, history, language, territory and way of life.
- This priority and these principles are embedded in the MNO Statement of Prime Purpose, which sets out its commitment to advance the M¨¦tis Nation, M¨¦tis rights and ¡°to continue our affiliation with the M¨¦tis National Council for the representation of the interests of the M¨¦tis Nation in Ontario at the National and International levels;¡±
- MNO has for the last 25 years worked with Metis Nation governments across the homeland to advance our collective goals and priorities and to fight for the rights and recognition of the M¨¦tis Nation and of Section 35 M¨¦tis rights.
Further reports and updates on these issues will be made in the coming days. Any questions can be addressed to:
Jennifer St. Germain